President Obama rammed through his new stimulus bill, warning of an irreversible recession if Congress failed to act.
But bestselling author Thomas E. Woods Jr. warns that Obama's "stimulus package" will do far more damage to our economy than even the Republicans in Congress realize.
In his New York Times bestseller, Meltdown, Woods shows how this new bailout (just like last year's bailout) will quickly drive our nation deeper into recession.
Woods lays the blame for our economic woes squarely on the shoulders of the true culprits: gutless politicians, greedy lobbyists, and The Federal Reserve System. It was The Fed—not the free market—that allowed ambitious bureaucrats and politicians to pull the strings of our financial sector, manipulate the value of money, and plunge our economy into crisis.
Offering the first free-market perspective on—and answers to—the financial calamity, Meltdown proves:
- How the government and the media created the myth that this crisis is so complicated that people should not question the government's response but leave it up to the "experts."
- That no amount of government regulation or "brilliant" politician can fix a broken system—a new system is the best solution.
- How politicians and the media refuse to talk about the role of the Federal Reserve in this crisis, but it is at the heart of the problem.
- The media has created the myth that we need a "new New Deal" to get out of this crisis.
- The cold truth that capitalism isn't the culprit—the government is.
If you want to understand what caused the financial meltdown—and why none of the current big-government solutions will work—Meltdown explains it all.
|Enter your e-mail below to receive your FREE chapter today.
|Yes! Please e-mail me a FREE chapter from Meltdown.
Click below to save 30% or more off bookstore prices!